RHSA-2007:0075 - Security Advisory
Important: spamassassin security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated spamassassin packages that fix a security issue are now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
SpamAssassin provides a way to reduce unsolicited commercial email (spam)
from incoming email.
A flaw was found in the way SpamAssassin processes HTML email containing
URIs. A carefully crafted mail message could cause SpamAssassin to consume
significant resources. If a number of these messages are sent, this could
lead to a denial of service, potentially delaying or preventing the
delivery of email. (CVE-2007-0451)
Users of SpamAssassin should upgrade to these updated packages which
contain version 3.1.8 which is not vulnerable to these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 228587 - CVE-2007-0451 Spamassassin DoS
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5