RHSA-2007:0074 - Security Advisory
Important: spamassassin security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated spamassassin packages that fix a security issue are now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
SpamAssassin provides a way to reduce unsolicited commercial email (spam)
from incoming email.
A flaw was found in the way SpamAssassin processes HTML email containing
URIs. A carefully crafted mail message could cause SpamAssassin to consume
significant resources. If a number of these messages are sent, this could
lead to a denial of service, potentially delaying or preventing the
delivery of email.
Users of SpamAssassin should upgrade to these updated packages which
contain version 3.1.8 which is not vulnerable to these issues.
This is an upgrade from SpamAssassin version 3.0.6 to 3.1.8, which contains
many bug fixes and spam detection enhancements. Further details are
available in the SpamAssassin 3.1 changelog and upgrade guide.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 228586 - CVE-2007-0451 Spamassassin DoS
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4