RHSA-2007:0019 - Security Advisory
Moderate: gtk2 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated gtk2 packages that fix a security issue are now available.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The gtk2 package contains the GIMP ToolKit (GTK+), a library for creating
graphical user interfaces for the X Window System.
A bug was found in the way the gtk2 GdkPixbufLoader() function processed
invalid input. Applications linked against gtk2 could crash if they
loaded a malformed image file. (CVE-2007-0010)
Users of gtk2 are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain a backported patch to correct this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 218932 - CVE-2007-0010 GdbPixbufLoader fails to handle invalid input from Evolution correctly
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4