RHSA-2007:0001 - Security Advisory
Important: openoffice.org security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated openoffice.org packages are now available.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
OpenOffice.org is an office productivity suite that includes desktop
applications such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager,
formula editor, and drawing program.
Several integer overflow bugs were found in the OpenOffice.org WMF file
processor. An attacker could create a carefully crafted WMF file that could
cause OpenOffice.org to execute arbitrary code when the file was opened by
a victim. (CVE-2006-5870)
All users of OpenOffice.org are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which contain a backported fix for this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 217347 - CVE-2006-5870 WMF heap overflow
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4