RHSA-2006:0746 - Security Advisory
Low: mod_auth_kerb security update
Security Advisory: Low
Updated mod_auth_kerb packages that fix a security flaw and a bug in
multiple realm handling are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red Hat
Security Response Team.
mod_auth_kerb is module for the Apache HTTP Server designed to
provide Kerberos authentication over HTTP.
An off by one flaw was found in the way mod_auth_kerb handles certain
Kerberos authentication messages. A remote client could send a specially
crafted authentication request which could crash an httpd child process
A bug in the handling of multiple realms configured using the
"KrbAuthRealms" directive has also been fixed.
All users of mod_auth_kerb should upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain backported patches that resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 216482 - CVE-2006-5989 mod_auth_kerb segfault with FC6 client
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4