RHSA-2006:0598 - Security Advisory
gimp security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated gimp packages that fix a security issue are now available for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is an image composition and
Henning Makholm discovered a buffer overflow bug in The GIMP XCF file
loader. An attacker could create a carefully crafted image that could
execute arbitrary code if opened by a victim. (CVE-2006-3404)
Please note that this issue did not affect the gimp packages in Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 2.1, or 3.
Users of The GIMP should update to these erratum packages which contain a
backported fix to correct this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 198269 - CVE-2006-3404 gimp xcf buffer overflow
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4