RHSA-2006:0576 - Security Advisory
kdebase security fix
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated kdebase packages that resolve a security issue are now available.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red Hat
Security Response Team.
The kdebase packages provide the core applications for KDE, the K Desktop
A flaw was found in KDE where the kdesktop_lock process sometimes
failed to terminate properly. This issue could either block the user's
ability to manually lock the desktop or prevent the screensaver to
activate, both of which could have a security impact for users who rely on
Please note that this issue only affected Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
All users of kdebase should upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain a patch to resolve this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 177755 - CVE-2006-2933 occasionally KDE screensaver fails to start
This erratum does not contain any packages.