RHSA-2006:0541 - Security Advisory
dia security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated Dia packages that fix several buffer overflow bugs are now available.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The Dia drawing program is designed to draw various types of diagrams.
Several format string flaws were found in the way dia displays certain
messages. If an attacker is able to trick a Dia user into opening a
carefully crafted file, it may be possible to execute arbitrary code as the
user running Dia. (CVE-2006-2453, CVE-2006-2480)
Users of Dia should update to these erratum packages, which contain
backported patches and are not vulnerable to these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 192698 - CVE-2006-2480 Dia format string issue (CVE-2006-2453)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4