RHSA-2005:867 - Security Advisory
gpdf security update
Security Advisory: Important
An updated gpdf package that fixes several security issues is now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The gpdf package is a GNOME based viewer for Portable Document Format
Several flaws were discovered in gpdf. An attacker could construct a
carefully crafted PDF file that could cause gpdf to crash or possibly
execute arbitrary code when opened. The Common Vulnerabilities and
Exposures project assigned the names CVE-2005-3191, CVE-2005-3192, and
CVE-2005-3193 to these issues.
Users of gpdf should upgrade to this updated package, which contains a
backported patch to resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 175100 - CVE-2005-3193 xpdf issues (CVE-2005-3191 CVE-2005-3192)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4