RHSA-2005:434 - Security Advisory
firefox security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated firefox packages that fix various security bugs are now available.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source Web browser.
level, preventing dangerous actions. It is possible that a malicious web
access to protected data and functions. The Common Vulnerabilities and
Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the names CAN-2005-1476,
CAN-2005-1477, CAN-2005-1531, and CAN-2005-1532 to these issues.
Please note that the effects of CAN-2005-1477 are mitigated by the default
setup, which allows only the Mozilla Update site to attempt installation of
Firefox extensions. The Mozilla Update site has been modified to prevent
this attack from working. If other URLs have been manually added to the
whitelist, it may be possible to execute this attack.
Users of Firefox are advised to upgrade to this updated package which
contains Firefox version 1.0.4 which is not vulnerable to these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 157347 - CAN-2005-1476 Multiple Firefox issues (CAN-2005-1477 CAN-2005-1531 CAN-2005-1532)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4