RHSA-2005:375 - Security Advisory
openoffice.org security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated openoffice.org packages are now available.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
OpenOffice.org is an office productivity suite that includes desktop
applications such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager,
formula editor, and drawing program.
A heap based buffer overflow bug was found in the OpenOffice.org DOC file
processor. An attacker could create a carefully crafted DOC file in such a
way that it could cause OpenOffice.org to execute arbitrary code when the
file was opened by a victim. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures
project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CAN-2005-0941 to this issue.
All users of OpenOffice.org are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which contain backported fixes for these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 154540 - CAN-2005-0941 openoffice.org heap overflow
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4