RHSA-2005:136 - Security Advisory
mailman security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated mailman packages that correct a mailman security issue are now
The mailman package is software to help manage email discussion lists.
A flaw in the true_path function of Mailman was discovered. A remote
attacker who is a member of a private mailman list could use a carefully
crafted URL and gain access to arbitrary files on the server. The Common
Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name
CAN-2005-0202 to this issue.
Note: Mailman installations running on Apache 2.0-based servers are not
vulnerable to this issue.
Users of mailman should update to these erratum packages that contain a
patch and are not vulnerable to this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 147342 - CAN-2005-0202 mailman flaw
This erratum does not contain any packages.