RHSA-2005:009 - Security Advisory
kdelibs, kdebase security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated kdelib and kdebase packages that resolve several security issues
are now available.
The kdelibs packages include libraries for the K Desktop Environment. The
kdebase packages include core applications for the K Desktop Environment.
Secunia Research discovered a window injection spoofing vulnerability
affecting the Konqueror web browser. This issue could allow a malicious
website to show arbitrary content in a different browser window. The Common
Vulnerabilities and Exposures project has assigned the name CAN-2004-1158
to this issue.
A bug was discovered in the way kioslave handles URL-encoded newline (%0a)
characters before the FTP command. It is possible that a specially crafted
URL could be used to execute any ftp command on a remote server, or
potentially send unsolicited email. The Common Vulnerabilities and
Exposures project has assigned the name CAN-2004-1165 to this issue.
A bug was discovered that can crash KDE screensaver under certain local
circumstances. This could allow an attacker with physical access to the
workstation to take over a locked desktop session. Please note that this
issue only affects Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1. The Common Vulnerabilities
and Exposures project has assigned the name CAN-2005-0078 to this issue.
All users of KDE are advised to upgrade to this updated packages, which
contain backported patches to correct these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 139265 - KDE+Cadence bug
- BZ - 142393 - CAN-2004-1158 Frame injection vulnerability.
- BZ - 145381 - CAN-2005-0078 password bypass in kde screensaver
- BZ - 146760 - CAN-2004-1165 kioslave command injection
This erratum does not contain any packages.