RHSA-2004:441 - Security Advisory
ruby security update
Security Advisory: Low
An updated ruby package that fixes insecure file permissions for CGI session
files is now available.
Ruby is an interpreted scripting language for object-oriented programming.
Andres Salomon reported an insecure file permissions flaw in the CGI
session management of Ruby. FileStore created world readable files that
could allow a malicious local user the ability to read CGI session data.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has
assigned the name CAN-2004-0755 to this issue.
Users are advised to upgrade to this erratum package, which contains a
backported patch to CGI::Session FileStore.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 130065 - CAN-2004-0755 ruby insecure file permissions
This erratum does not contain any packages.