RHEA-2020:1757 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for virtio-win is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 8.2 Release Notes linked from the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1549577 - [TRACKER] Add support in virtio-win drivers for VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM virtio feature
- BZ - 1549595 - Add support in virtio-serial Windows driver for VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM virtio feature
- BZ - 1549596 - Add support in virtio-rng Windows driver for VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM virtio feature
- BZ - 1549597 - Add support in virtio-balloon Windows driver for VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM virtio feature
- BZ - 1549602 - Add support in virtio-input Windows driver for VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM virtio feature
- BZ - 1711743 - [NetKVM] around 20% Rx performance regression on Win 10 with virtio-win-prewhql-0.1-162
- BZ - 1745818 - [virtio-win][netkvm] It shows wrong name for "TesOnly.RXThrottle" on Win7 and Win2008R2
- BZ - 1782370 - vioinput: high resolution host mouse does not work with "virtio-mouse-pci" and "input-linux"
- BZ - 1782636 - virtio-win iso's volume label is virtio-win-1.9.1 which is not correct
- BZ - 1783880 - [virtio-win][vioser] can't transfer data between host and guest via virtio-serial port in i386 guest
- BZ - 1783906 - [virtio-win-prewhql-174] BSOD after installing balloon driver on Win7 and Win2008r2 guest
- BZ - 1783953 - [virtio-win-prewhql-174] rng,serial and input driver install failed on Win7 and Win2008r2 guest.
- BZ - 1785522 - netkvm: the driver does not use VIRTIO_F_ANY_LAYOUT when runs with modern virtio-net-pci device
- BZ - 1785544 - netkvm: code cleanup and optimization
- BZ - 1788042 - [virtio-win][balloon][whql]windows guest BSOD when run several WHQL jobs in HCK.
- BZ - 1790455 - Add guest-get-devices command to qemu-ga-win
- BZ - 1791147 - [virtio-win][vioscsi] Hit BSOD(d1) when run whql job "Bus Reset Test" with virtio-win-prewhql-176 vioscsi driver
- BZ - 1791153 - Windows guest will BSOD,after hot plug virtio-net nic then hot unplug
- BZ - 1794609 - [virtio-win][vioser] Hit BSOD when transfer data between host and guest via virtio-serial port in win2012-64 guest
- BZ - 1802452 - [virtio-win][vioscsi] WMI facility check virito-scsi num_queues failed
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8