RHEA-2019:3010 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-engine packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-engine package provides the manager for virtualization environments. This manager enables admins to define hosts and networks, as well as to add storage, create VMs and manage user permissions.
A list of bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes
Changes to the ovirt-engine component:
- During host activation, the engine did not check the glusterd status. The gluster service was restarted even though the glusterd was not stopped during maintenance.
In this release, the quorum is not lost upon host activation. (BZ#1751142)
- Previously, a snapshot disk that downloaded when it was attached to a backup Virtual Machine got locked due to a failure to teardown the disk.
The current release fixes this error by skipping the disk teardown in case of a snapshot disk. (BZ#1753168)
- A new text field has been added to the affinity group dialog to set priority. It can contain any real number, not just integers. Priority can also be set using a new parameter in the REST API.
When a Virtual Machine is started or migrated, a host is selected, with the broken affinity groups having the lowest priority.
If not all affinity groups can be satisfied, the groups with lower priority are broken first. (BZ#1680498)
- During installation or upgrade to Red Had Virtualization 4.3, engine-setup failed if the PKI Organization Name in the CA certificate included non-ASCII characters.
In this release, the upgrade engine-setup process completes successfully. (BZ#1733438)
- The Database field guest_cur_user_name in the vm_dynamic Database Table was limited to a size of 255 characters, which was not enough to accept a large number of users (for example, more than 100) to log in.
In this release, there is no character limit for the guest_cur_user_name field. (BZ#1734671)
- Red Had Virtualization virtual machines now support passing ignition configuration for any guest that supports it, such as RHCOS or FCOS.
A guest RHCOS/FCOS guest OS can now be configured by passing ignition configuration using the UI or the API. (BZ#1712747)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1631150 - [Security] New user can steal already opened spice session from previous user
- BZ - 1680498 - [RFE] Implement priorities for soft affinity groups
- BZ - 1680499 - [RFE] Allowing use of labels in affinity groups
- BZ - 1712437 - [downstream clone - 4.3.7] [scale] RHV-M runs out of memory due to to much data reported by the guest agent
- BZ - 1712747 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] [RFE] Ignition support for ovirt vms with a custom payload
- BZ - 1718694 - Fix message about removing iptables support in 4.3
- BZ - 1733438 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] engine-setup fails to upgrade to 4.3 with Unicode characters in CA subject
- BZ - 1734616 - Build RHV-M 4.3.6 - RHEL 7
- BZ - 1734671 - [scale] updatevmdynamic broken if too many users logged in - psql ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)
- BZ - 1741152 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] [RFE] - Creating an NFS storage domain the engine should let the user specify exact NFS version v4.0 and not just v4
- BZ - 1741155 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] a new size of the direct LUN not updated in Admin Portal
- BZ - 1743246 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] Move/Copy disk are blocked if there is less space in source SD than the size of the disk
- BZ - 1744507 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] Snapshot creation was successful, but snapshot remains locked
- BZ - 1744510 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] Disk migration progress bar not clearly visible and unusable.
- BZ - 1744571 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] VMs will fail to start if the vnic profile attached is having port mirroring enabled and have name greater than 15 characters
- BZ - 1745491 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] Unable to start guests in our Power9 cluster without running in headless mode.
- BZ - 1746730 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] Engine deletes the leaf volume when SnapshotVDSCommand timed out without checking if the volume is still used by the VM
- BZ - 1748387 - [downstream clone - 4.3.7] NPE in DestroyImage endAction during live merge leaving a task in DB for hours causing operations depending on host clean tasks to fail as Deactivate host/StopSPM/deactivate SD
- BZ - 1751142 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] host activation causes RHHI nodes to lose the quorum
- BZ - 1753168 - [downstream clone - 4.3.6] teardownImage attempts to deactivate in-use LV's rendering the VM disk image/volumes in locked state.
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3