RHEA-2019:1997 - Product Enhancement Advisory
virtio-win bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
An update for virtio-win is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
The virtio-win package provides paravirtualized network drivers for most Microsoft Windows operating systems. Paravirtualized drivers are virtualization-aware drivers used by fully virtualized guests running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Fully virtualized guests using the paravirtualized drivers gain significantly better I/O performance than fully virtualized guests running without the drivers.
Users of virtio-win are advised to upgrade to these updated packages.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1223668 - [RFE] add a directory structure allowing windows automatically finding drivers
- BZ - 1428641 - [virtio-win][viostor]Windows guest's physical block size change to "512" after installation with the size "4096"
- BZ - 1517107 - [q35] guest NIC interface still exists after hotunplug virtio-net-pci device
- BZ - 1537430 - [NetKVM] Support setting link speed and duplex settings from QEMU
- BZ - 1656266 - [virtio-win][balloon] balloon device hot-unplug fail if balloon service is running
- BZ - 1666940 - [virtio-win][netkvm] cannot get valid ip when boot guest with "vectors=1"
- BZ - 1672541 - virtio-win drivers build with Visual Studio 2017
- BZ - 1691209 - [virtio-win][netkvm+viostor]Job ”Static Tools Logo Test“ failed with build 169
- BZ - 1694509 - Update license of virtio-win
- BZ - 1702888 - [virtio-win][whql][netkvm]Job StandardizedKeywords failed on Win1032/64-1903
- BZ - 1716248 - [virtio-win][netkvm] can not ping out when boot with "queues=4,vectors=5/6/7/8" on win7 and win2008r2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8