RHEA-2019:1084 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated spice-client-msi packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The MinGW Windows virt-viewer console application implements, among other things, the client side of SPICE protocol. This package contains the remote-viewer executable, the next generation of spice-client.
Changes to the mingw-virt-viewer component:
- Previously, guest virtual machines with USB support enabled became unresponsive after migration to a different host. The current release fixes this issue and guests work as expected after migration. (BZ#1559041)
- Previously, when accessing RHEL 6 virtual machines from a Windows 7 client using virt-viewer, copy/paste sporadically failed. The current release fixes this issue. (BZ#1539766)
- Previously, selecting File > Change CD in the Windows 10 version of virt-viewer did not work. The current release fixes this issue. (BZ#1507965)
- Previously, on a Windows client machine, if a non-English locale was selected, the spice client (remote-viewer) displayed some translated UI elements in English, not the locale language. The current release fixes this and presents those translated UI elements in the locale language. (BZ#1570851)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1507965 - Windows 10 virt-viewer can't perform "ChangeCD" in menu bar.
- BZ - 1539766 - Unable to copy/paste when accessing RHEL 6 VM's from a Windows 7 client using virt-viewer.
- BZ - 1544092 - Rebase mingw-gtk3 and mingw-virt-viewer
- BZ - 1559041 - Guest VM with USB support enabled is unresponsive after migration
- BZ - 1570851 - Windows version of mingw-virt-viewer never displays locale language, always displays in English
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3