RHEA-2019:1054 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated rhv-guest-tools-iso packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
RHV Guest tools should consume virtio-win fix from BZ#1613815.
Build rhv-guest-tools-iso for RHV 4.3 - RHEL 7.
Changes to the rhv-guest-tools-iso component:
- This fix ensures a Windows guest machine does not fail during the snapshot or merge processes. For more information, see BZ#1596457. (BZ#1613505)
- QEMU Guest Agent packages for several Linux distributions have been added to make it easier to install the guest agent offline. (BZ#1620569)
- This fix includes a signed certificate for rhev-apt.exe until 2022-01-25. (BZ#1688056)
- The virtio-smbus driver installer for the built-in SMBus device on Windows 2008 guests has been added to the RHV Windows Guest Tools. As a result, SMBus devices are now identified correctly in the Device Manager on these guests. (BZ#1578782)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1578782 - [RFE] Add smbus driver in windows guest tools
- BZ - 1613505 - RHV Guest tools should consume virtio-win fix from bz#1613815
- BZ - 1620569 - Include linux qemu-guest-agent on RHV Guest Tools iso for v2v offline conversion
- BZ - 1632582 - Build rhv-guest-tools-iso for RHV 4.3 - RHEL 7
- BZ - 1684227 - Rebase ovirt-guest-agent to 1.0.16 on guest tools ISO
- BZ - 1687787 - Agent service is removed after upgrade of WGT
- BZ - 1688056 - Expired "Digital Signatures" certificate for rhev-apt
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.3