RHEA-2019:1050 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-setup packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package provides a self-hosted engine tool for the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed by the Manager.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-setup component:
- This fix allows the self-hosted engine virtual machine to run on the host. (BZ#1628836)
- The self-hosted engine backup and restore flow has been improved, and now works correctly when the self-hosted engine storage domain is defined as the master storage domain. (BZ#1638096)
- Previously, testing for the new version of Ansible, version 2.8, uncovered that it would not deploy Red Hat Virtualization manager as a self-hosted engine. This issue was due to incomplete updates to roles and playbooks that were required for Ansible work with the new singular form of the ovirt module names. The current release fixes this issue. (BZ#1667511)
- The current release of the self-hosted engine supports deployment with static IPv6. (BZ#1372134)
- During a self-hosted engine deployment, SSO authentication errors may occur stating that a valid profile cannot be found in credentials and to check the logs for more details. The interim workaround is to retry the authentication attempt more than once. See BZ#1695523 for a specific example involving Kerberos SSO and engine-backup. (BZ#1660595)
- Previously, testing of Ansible 2.8 returned deprecation errors and warnings during deployment. The current release fixes this issue. (BZ#1674477)
- This bug fix allows the restore-from-file command to execute even if a certificate is not current or is expiring soon. If an error message persists while executing the command, one workaround is to renew the certificates at restore time prior to executing the command to restore-from-file. (BZ#1686445)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1372134 - [RFE] hosted-engine deployment should support IPv6
- BZ - 1627801 - Build ovirt-hosted-engine-setup for RHV 4.3 RHEL 7
- BZ - 1628836 - hosted-engine VM created with node zero misses the console device
- BZ - 1638096 - SHE disaster recovery is broken in new 4.2 deployments as hosted_storage is master
- BZ - 1660595 - Hosted Engine Deploy fails with SSO authentication errors
- BZ - 1665419 - Hosted engine wizard displays "System data could not be retrieved!" is eth0 is not available on the host
- BZ - 1667336 - Hosted engine deploys failed with static IPv6 network as value "get_gateway" is undefined.
- BZ - 1667511 - Ensure ansible 2.8 compatibility
- BZ - 1667795 - Error message "Validation for this host's FQDN failed" deploys in vm settings of Hosted engine Wizard
- BZ - 1674477 - ansible 2.8 generates multiple returning errors and warnings during deployment.
- BZ - 1686445 - hosted-engine deploy (restore-from-file) fails if certificates are not up to date in backup file.
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7