RHEA-2019:1049 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-ha packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-ha package enables the self-hosted engine to be highly available. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Red Hat Virtualization Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed by the Manager. If the host running the virtual machine goes into maintenance, the virtual machine is migrated automatically to another host in the environment.
RHV-H 4.2.3: hosted-engine agent fails to start after upgrade due to Permission denied: '/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/broker.log' '/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/agent.log'
Build ovirt-hosted-engine-ha for RHV 4.3 RHEL 7.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-ha component:
- When performing an upgrade, make sure the ovirt-hosted-engine-ha and ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package versions match. (BZ#1643663)
- When removing a RHV-H or RHEL-H Host from the UI, the remove dialog shows a note at the bottom recommending to undeploy HostedEngine on host before removing it while the setup was never used as HostedEngine environment.
Fixing it correctly detecting HE deploy status. (BZ#1636469)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1579103 - RHV-H 4.2.3: hosted-engine agent fails to start after upgrade due to Permission denied: '/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/broker.log' '/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/agent.log'
- BZ - 1627790 - Build ovirt-hosted-engine-ha for RHV 4.3 RHEL 7
- BZ - 1636469 - Removing a non-HE Host recommends user to undeploy HostedEngine on it first
- BZ - 1643663 - Hosted-Engine VM failed to start mixing ovirt-hosted-engine-setup from 4.1 with ovirt-hosted-engine-ha from 4.2
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 4 for RHEL 7