RHEA-2018:3523 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
A new release of Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure (RHHI) for Virtualization is now available.
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure (RHHI) for Virtualization
integrates Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat Gluster Storage,
allowing you to consolidate deployment and management of compute
and software-defined storage resources.
This advisory introduces the following enhancements:
- Automated installation using Ansible is now provided as a
Technology Preview. (BZ#1632102)
- Deduplication and compression of data using a Virtual Data
Optimizer (VDO) layer is now supported. This lets you reduce
the amount of storage space required for your data. (BZ#1523603)
- The space saved by using Virtual Disk Optimization is displayed
on the Brick and Volume detail pages of the Cockpit UI. (BZ#1613855)
- Failing over to and failing back from a remote secondary site
is now supported. (BZ#1523627)
- When scaling a deployment, new nodes can now be prepared and
configured in the Cockpit UI. (BZ#1523598)
- Deployment of RHHI for Virtualization on a single node is now
supported. (BZ#1523608, BZ#1494112)
- Converting a virtualization cluster to a hyperconverged cluster
is now supported. (BZ#1523623)
- Virtualization hosts with disparate device types and sizes are
now supported. (BZ#1518344)
- Several storage administration operations (creating a volume and
expanding a cluster) and virtual machine administration operations
are now supported in the Cockpit user interface. (BZ#1523610)
- Previously, administrators were required to manually add the second
and third hosts of a RHHI for Virtualization deployment to Red Hat
Virtualization Manager. The deployment wizard in Cockpit has been
modified to add a FQDNs tab, which allows administrators to add details
of the second and third hosts during the deployment process. These hosts
are then added to the Red Hat Virtualization Manager automatically,
along with their storage domains. (BZ#1523568)
- Previously, administrators needed to create storage domains manually
after deploying Red Hat Gluster Storage and the Hosted Engine virtual
machine. Storage domains are now created automatically as part of
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization 1.5 deployment.
- Limits are now set on Red Hat Gluster Storage resource usage as
part of the deployment process, to ensure that Red Hat Gluster Storage
processes do not consume too many resources. The allocated resources
are based on the number of cores available on the hyperconverged host.
- The brick reset operation can now be performed from the
Administration Portal. (BZ#1527302)
- Red Hat Gluster Storage status in the Administration Portal is
now reported using the events framework instead of polling at regular
intervals, improving performance and accuracy. (BZ#1527304)
- Previously, read requests were served from the local replica where
possible because the cluster.choose-local option was enabled. This
option has now been disabled, improving read performance by ensuring
that read requests are distributed across all replicas. (BZ#1578277)
To receive these enhancements, update to the latest versions of
Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 and Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1489346 - [HC] Different questions asked if retrying installation of hosted engine
- BZ - 1494112 - Single node HC deployment via Cockpit UI
- BZ - 1518344 - [RFE] Asymmetric brick configuration
- BZ - 1521102 - [RFE] Change 'Standard' term in cockpit deployment to 'Hosted Engine Only Deployment'
- BZ - 1521117 - Consistent verbage when referring to the engine's password
- BZ - 1521215 - Choosing Redeploy from cockpit, should generate new gdeploy configuration file
- BZ - 1522673 - RHV update manager should also look for gluster package updates on the HC host
- BZ - 1523568 - [HC] when running hyperconverged deploy, the 2nd and 3rd host should be auto added
- BZ - 1523589 - [RFE] provide a way for the user to setup-cache
- BZ - 1523598 - [RFE] provide a way for the user to scale and prepare gluster nodes from cockpit UI.
- BZ - 1523601 - [RFE] Monitor capacity of vdo-enabled brick devices and gluster volumes
- BZ - 1523603 - [RFE] Configure dedupe&compression on gluster brick devices
- BZ - 1523608 - [RFE] - HE should support Gluster replica 1 or 3.
- BZ - 1523610 - [RFE] Support Day 2 operations from Cockpit
- BZ - 1523615 - [RFE][hc][dalton] - Set up cgroup for gluster processes in HC mode from the engine
- BZ - 1523617 - [RFE] Provide flexibility to set CPUQuota for slice
- BZ - 1523623 - [Dalton] Convert a virt cluster to hyperconverged cluster
- BZ - 1523627 - [RFE] Ensure geo-rep based data sync works with RHV site-site failover/failback process
- BZ - 1527302 - [RFE] Implement reset-brick usage on the gluster volume
- BZ - 1527304 - [RFE] Integrate with gluster eventing
- BZ - 1534501 - Adjust RHHI to the new hosted engine deployment
- BZ - 1540461 - [RFE] Support configuring lvmcache during brick creation
- BZ - 1542797 - basenames of the disks should be used for naming lv components
- BZ - 1543346 - Default cluster in HC installation does not have gluster service enabled
- BZ - 1547450 - create one VDO volume when encryption & dedupe enabled on few or all the bricks on the same device
- BZ - 1547505 - Logical size of the VDO volume should be sum of sizes all the bricks
- BZ - 1547509 - [Cockpit ] Logical size of the devices should be computed for all values gives in physical device
- BZ - 1547619 - [gdeploy ] The PV and VG name should be same as VDO volume in gdeploy conf file
- BZ - 1547704 - Incorrect size of the brick in the generated gdeploy config file
- BZ - 1547813 - gdeploy should stop execution once the VDO volume creation fails
- BZ - 1547819 - update gdeploy VDO volume section with required options
- BZ - 1548105 - VDO rpm should be pulled in as rpm dependency
- BZ - 1548393 - XFS file systems created on VDO volumes are not coming up after reboot
- BZ - 1550988 - gdeploy should stop execution when enabling lvmcache fails
- BZ - 1552063 - Unable to set VDO writepolicy to auto
- BZ - 1552524 - lvmcache size value is missing units in the generated gdeploy config file
- BZ - 1554487 - Geo-Replication failing to kick off geo-rep session daily, when the same volume is used for two different sessions and one gets destroyed.
- BZ - 1556815 - Additional volume created during gluster deployment is not reflected in bricks sub tab.
- BZ - 1556882 - Absence of enable dedupe and compression checkbox for additional volume in brick configuration tab.
- BZ - 1556891 - Fuse mount crashed with only engine VM running with its image on that volume
- BZ - 1558018 - When the Hosted Engine Deployment fails the error doesn't report any directory pointing to failed logs
- BZ - 1558051 - No log files found on Hosted Engine deploying Host after a failure via cockpit
- BZ - 1566448 - Enable lvmcache on all the hosts, when enabled on one of the them
- BZ - 1571547 - Update emulate512 in VDO section, to have 'on' for boolean true value
- BZ - 1571810 - set the VDO writepolicy to auto
- BZ - 1572557 - The dropdown for hosts under create volume(gluster deployment) in day two operations contain a single host name.
- BZ - 1573137 - Multiple Slabsize value for VDO volumes failing in gdeploy
- BZ - 1573472 - The VDO logical size check in box should be enabled automatically in all hosts
- BZ - 1574449 - UI exception seen in RHEV-M
- BZ - 1574463 - RHEV-M UI shows bricks in down state though it is online
- BZ - 1574508 - Space used icon in RHV-M not showing the actual space
- BZ - 1577205 - Null pointer exception with getting advanced brick details
- BZ - 1577480 - Null pointer exception while starting the volume from RHV Manager UI
- BZ - 1578277 - Disable choose-local in groups virt for RHHI workloads
- BZ - 1578332 - The expand cluster(Day 2 operations ) is hung.
- BZ - 1578644 - [day2] Removal of the unwanted sections from the config file of create volume operation.
- BZ - 1578663 - The title of the wizard of create volume in day 2 operations is incorrect.
- BZ - 1578686 - [day2] Re editing the tabs after the failure is not reflected in the config file
- BZ - 1578717 - The info icon for the volume in manage gluster is not providing complete information.
- BZ - 1583467 - [day2] The volume section in gluster management tab under hosted engine is not providing correct brick configuration
- BZ - 1583497 - [day2] The configue ' Lv size ' text box under bricks tab in ' expand cluster ' operation is vanishing on a backspace.
- BZ - 1584141 - [day2] Peer status is not consistent in cockpit UI unless user will refresh the cockpit UI.
- BZ - 1584151 - [day2] Updated hosts are not persisted both the gdeploy config files
- BZ - 1585104 - Sharding sends all application sent fsyncs to the main shard file
- BZ - 1585109 - Running sysbench on vm disk from plain distribute gluster volume causes disk corruption
- BZ - 1601700 - Automatic creation of storage domain uses front-end IP to mount the gluster volume
- BZ - 1613855 - [RFE] Display space savings when a VDO volume is used.
- BZ - 1619635 - Stop/Start VDO service during host Maintenance/Activate
- BZ - 1632102 - Ansible playbook for end to end deployment of RHHI
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7