RHEA-2018:2083 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated deployment images are now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform
13.0 director for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building, deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
running on commonly available physical hardware.
Changes to the rhosp-director-images component:
- When record-pending is true (which is the default as of 7.5), Pacemaker sees two notifications that notify actions completed: one when the action is initiated and another when it completes. This confuses the cluster and triggers a re-computation of the cluster state, which results in more notifications and more re-computations.
The issue was resolved by configuring Pacemaker to only record completed clone-notify actions as successful, not those that are pending, which enables the cluster to complete the process of recovering or starting services. (BZ#1571765)
- Recent versions of libguestfs generate a machine-id when virt-customize or the customize action from virt-sysprep run. When this happens, a static /etc/machine-id is included in the image, which can cause issues with services that rely on this information to be unique across hosts.
To fix the issue, the build process cleans the overcloud image to provide a blank /etc/machine-id to ensure the image generates correctly when systems are booted for the first time. However, if you use virt-customize to update the overcloud image prior to deployment, run "virt-sysprep --operation machine-id -a <image>" again prior to uploading the image. (BZ#1551603)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack for IBM Power 13 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenStack 13 x86_64
- BZ - 1477480 - Ship the Octavia Amphora (service-vm) Image via CDN
- BZ - 1543914 - [OSP13]Cannot launch instance - "message": "Exceeded maximum number of retries. Exceeded max scheduling attempts 3 for instance 7e6fc2de-ffed-4a7d-b004-b164d42ab117. Last exception: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor"
- BZ - 1545842 - resolv.conf contains nameserver 192.168.122.1 on rhel7.5
- BZ - 1551603 - virt-customize on rhel-7.5 re-introduces a static /etc/machine-id in overcloud-full.qcow2
- BZ - 1571765 - Pending notify actions are recorded as complete [OpenStack-13.0]
- BZ - 1589836 - OVS is dead OVSNeutronAgent will keep running and checking OVS status periodically
Red Hat OpenStack for IBM Power 13
Red Hat OpenStack 13