RHEA-2018:1958 - Product Enhancement Advisory
gdeploy bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated gdeploy packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.3 Update 1.
gdeploy is a tool which automates the process of creating, formatting, and mounting bricks. When setting up a fresh cluster, gdeploy could be the preferred choice of cluster set up, as manually executing numerous commands can be error-prone. The advantages of using gdeploy includes automated brick creation, flexibility in choosing the drives to configure (sd, vd,etc.), and flexibility in naming the logical volumes (LV) and volume groups(VG).
This update addresses the following bugs:
- Earlier, if no size was specified, 100% of the available disk was used. With this update, extents can be provided for the disk size. (BZ#1523692)
- Previously, despite failed PCS authentication, NFS Ganesha installation would proceed and execute further steps. A new flag ‘ignore_ganesha_errors’ is introduced with this update. Which can be set either 'yes' or 'no' to control the execution. If set to yes, errors will be ignored. If set to no, execution stops at the first error. (BZ#1563923)
In addition, this update adds the following enhancements:
- The CPU Quota is now flexible for the scale functionality. As a result, in a shared workload scenarios the compute resource requirements are shared with the application along with GlusterFS CPU consumption. (BZ#1411902)
- Earlier only one disk was allowed per volume group. Now more than one disk is allowed per volume group. (BZ#1489439)
Users of gdeploy with Red Hat Gluster Storage are advised to upgrade tothis updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1411902 - [RFE] Provide flexibility to set CPUQuota for slice
- BZ - 1433564 - update disable-multipath.sh script to enable multipath for specific device
- BZ - 1470528 - Do not blindly ignore subscription-manager errors
- BZ - 1472218 - support creation of Erasure Coded volumes using gdeploy.
- BZ - 1473218 - Remove scripts directory from /usr/share/ansible/gdeploy
- BZ - 1489439 - [RFE] Allow multiple disks per volume group
- BZ - 1510810 - [RFE]: Fix gdeploy to be compatible with Ansible 2.4
- BZ - 1510857 - [RFE]: Integrate VDO module into gdeploy
- BZ - 1515733 - gdeploy should not pick up hostnames from host list for ctdb deployment if ctdb_nodes is not set
- BZ - 1523562 - [RFE] Change xfs settings when vdo volume is used
- BZ - 1523692 - Manual creation of thinpools fail when no size specified.
- BZ - 1547381 - [gdeploy] Upgrading ansible 2.3 to version ansible-18.104.22.168-2 is failing with python2-jmespath dependency
- BZ - 1547814 - gdeploy should stop execution once the VDO volume creation fails
- BZ - 1548399 - XFS file system created on VDO volumes are not coming up after reboot
- BZ - 1552070 - Unable to set VDO writepolicy to auto
- BZ - 1563923 - [Gdeploy+Ganesha] If pcs auth command fails while setting up ganesha cluster,gdeploy still proceed further with ganesha cluster creation
- BZ - 1573762 - Multiple Slabsize value for VDO volumes not supported by Gdeploy
- BZ - 1581649 - gdeploy should support ansible 2.5
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7