RHEA-2018:1517 - Product Enhancement Advisory
rhv-guest-tools bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated rhv-guest-tools packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The rhv-guest-tools-iso package contains tools and drivers that are required by supported Windows guest operating systems when installed as guests on Red Hat Virtualization.
Changes to the rhev-guest-tools component:
- The guest tools ISO now includes spice-qxl-wddm-dod and the latest spice-vdagent. (BZ#1465106)
- The rhev-guest-tools-iso package is now named rhv-guest-tools-iso. Also, the ISO filenames were modified to match the re-branding. (BZ#1365834)
- In the current release, the Balloon service, which provides usage information, is installed and enabled in the host by default, wherever the Balloon driver is installed. (BZ#1500579)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1365834 - [RFE] - Rename RHEV Windows guest tools to RHV branding
- BZ - 1465106 - [RFE] Please add spice-qxl-wddm-dod and latest spice-vdagent to RHV-M guest tools iso
- BZ - 1482455 - [Placeholder] Build Windows Guest Tools for RHV 4.2
- BZ - 1497322 - Balloon service is not enabled not reported on Windows 2016
- BZ - 1500268 - Call RegFlushKey after installing Windows guest drivers, since driver is uninstalled after triggering BSOD
- BZ - 1500579 - [RFE] Balloon service should be installed
- BZ - 1545297 - Update of RHEV-tools does not install qxl-dod driver for Win10
- BZ - 1567217 - virtio-drivers on guest-tools iso are older than drivers from virtio-win iso
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2