RHEA-2018:1488 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
The Red Hat Virtualization Manager is a centralized management platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including search
capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and interacted with, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
A list of bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 871420 - [RFE][Tracker][TestOnly] - WebAdmin should display correctly on low resolutions.
- BZ - 872530 - [RFE][Tracker] - Wipe volumes using "blkdiscard" instead of "dd"
- BZ - 876697 - [RFE] Report Storage IOPS cumulative values per VM per disk via metric store.
- BZ - 879319 - on screen resolution 1280x800 and 1024x768, storage tab dialog are too long
- BZ - 879329 - on screen resolution 1280x800 and 1024x768, VM tab dialogs are too long
- BZ - 879334 - on screen resolution 1280x800 and 1024x768, pool tab dialogs are too long
- BZ - 980363 - Incorrect speed is displayed for the interface of the host
- BZ - 988285 - [RFE] - overlay networks: allow to define virtual networks that can be encapsulated between hosts on nicless networks
- BZ - 1012663 - [RFE] WebAdmin: provide more space on the sub-tabs
- BZ - 1056502 - [RFE] Allow to filter by more than one tag
- BZ - 1058798 - [RFE] Allow users to manage ISO images in RHEV cluster
- BZ - 1066114 - [RFE] Expand RHV's swap utilization metrics collection for reporting.
- BZ - 1106547 - [RFE][Tracker]Support Postgresql 9.5
- BZ - 1122970 - [RFE] Allow uploading ISO images to data domains and using them in VMs
- BZ - 1200963 - [RFE] - Set non-mgmt network as Default Route
- BZ - 1207992 - [RFE] Report IO errors to guests if the device is a CDROM
- BZ - 1230788 - [RFE] Have a policy for autoresume of VMs paused due to IO errors (stay paused, turn off, restart with defined time out time)
- BZ - 1231859 - [RFE] notify user that KSM will not be enable till next time hypervisor enters maintenance mode
- BZ - 1260480 - [RFE] For 'New' host function, change 'Address' to 'Hostname'
- BZ - 1263602 - [RFE] Ability to set different mount options for hosted_engine nfs storage than the default
- BZ - 1273660 - [RFE] Monitoring Guest CPU steal from the Hypervisor
- BZ - 1284364 - [RFE][Tracker] recovery manager for disaster recovery in RHV
- BZ - 1285456 - [RFE] Persist column visibility and position in browser's local storage
- BZ - 1319758 - [RFE] Allow uploading a pre-existing VM image (OVA) into the environment
- BZ - 1320126 - FC LUN of Hosted_storage is electable while creating new SD before import.
- BZ - 1324532 - [TEXT] - engine-upgrade-check should prompt user that while RPMs are updated the engine might not be updated if he didn't run engine setup
- BZ - 1334982 - [RFE] Gracefully shutdown Virtual Machines on Host reboot/shutdown.
- BZ - 1335642 - [RFE] Users should be able to seal VMs from RHEV-M
- BZ - 1335837 - [RFE] Add support of conversion of Ubuntu guests from OVA files both via virt-v2v and RHEV-M GUI
- BZ - 1341177 - [RFE] Log "Cannot migrate VM" and "Cannot run VM" failures to "Events" tab (audit_log)
- BZ - 1347644 - engine thread pool issues during major DC outage
- BZ - 1348646 - [RFE][TestOnly] - certify Ceph iSCSI target support with RHV
- BZ - 1356045 - [RFE] Storage...virtual machines and Storage...templates subtab columns need the ability to expand and sort
- BZ - 1356053 - [de_DE] The word "Deutsch" should not appear in welcome page's 'docs missing' message
- BZ - 1358717 - Export of vm with thin provision disk from NFS Data domain and Import to Block Data domain makes virtual and Actual size of disk same.
- BZ - 1364947 - [downstream clone][RFE] - Deactivate storage domain only if ovf store was updated
- BZ - 1369210 - [engine-webadmin] Change indication method for Gluster support to a check box for virt cluster
- BZ - 1372163 - [RFE] Warn user about VMs that have pending snapshot removal retries
- BZ - 1376754 - Host is set to ERROR mode (cannot start VM) while being in Maintenance
- BZ - 1384321 - Allow using cold merge to recover a failed live/cold merge
- BZ - 1394617 - ovirt-engine does not shut down cleanly
- BZ - 1408847 - [RFE][Tracker] Requesting testing of support for TLSv1.2
- BZ - 1410437 - [RFE] [TestOnly] PCIe: Add Generic PCIe Root Ports
- BZ - 1410490 - [RFE] Do not check VLAN ID for duplicates (allow them on different networks, DCs... ?)
- BZ - 1411572 - Snapshot deletion fails with error reported as "Drive image file could not be found"
- BZ - 1414207 - Too many ISO refreshing events
- BZ - 1414472 - RHV-M is not verifying the storage domain free space before running live merge
- BZ - 1414970 - Block/limit/warn VM migration in UI if it has hostdev devices attached
- BZ - 1419240 - Creating a Clone vm from template with Format "QCOW2" and Target "block based storage" has a disk with same actual and virtual size.
- BZ - 1420404 - [RFE] add ability to warm restart a VM so that VM starts on the same host when it is run by Run Once and rebooted
- BZ - 1425323 - Don't display authorization provider name as a part of user name in users lists if it's displayed in specific authorization provider name column
- BZ - 1428206 - Change Sub Version to Sub-version
- BZ - 1428490 - Min/max memory values for RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 are incorrect
- BZ - 1428498 - [RFE] Allow to search VMs by specific host they are pinned to.
- BZ - 1430865 - ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_unregistered_disks_to_vms"
- BZ - 1430876 - [RFE] Increase supported per-manager host limit
- BZ - 1431228 - very slow update of host properties in RHEVM that has a cluster with 30 hosts and 40 networks
- BZ - 1432412 - incorrect InfoIcon tooltip when importing VM through KVM
- BZ - 1434306 - Can not remove Cinder provider even if the service is not available anymore.
- BZ - 1434696 - If group has assigned permission in engine and its name is updated on LDAP server, the group name is not updated within webadmin
- BZ - 1435485 - [Pool] VMs are still created with duplicate MAC addresses after 4.0.7 upgrade
- BZ - 1437410 - Document that you can't create raw/sparse disks on block storage
- BZ - 1437883 - RHV Manager sometimes shows a wrong value of CPU usage of host
- BZ - 1438298 - [TEXT] - Clarify 'Experimental' Switch Type on Cluster Settings
- BZ - 1439216 - Unable to allocate 32GB of RAM to Windows 10x64
- BZ - 1439332 - [backup] Engine backup stages to /tmp, can fill disk to 100% and down rhv-m
- BZ - 1439970 - [v4 API] Specifying name and vm.disk_attachments returns error 500
- BZ - 1441322 - HA VMs running in two hosts at a time after restoring backup of RHV-M
- BZ - 1441941 - VDSM reports pivot complete and engine fails to mark the snapshot to be complete.
- BZ - 1443645 - User can no longer use API having password with special character "+".
- BZ - 1443989 - [RFE] Deprecate and remove spice-html5 support
- BZ - 1445263 - Snapshot remains in locked status after async delete using api (only when using async)
- BZ - 1445681 - No error pops when logging with a locked ovirt user account
- BZ - 1448831 - Issues with automating the configuration of VMs (cloud-init)
- BZ - 1449353 - Unable to import a template to RHV 4.1 from Storage domain imported of RHEV 3.5
- BZ - 1450460 - Unable to drag and drop vNuma to the Numa nodes when using Internet Explorer version 11
- BZ - 1451112 - Cannot import data (localfs) domain from 3.6
- BZ - 1455011 - RHV-M portal shows incorrect inherited permission for users
- BZ - 1455871 - [downstream clone - 4.2.0] [CodeChange] move vdsm calls (mostly removeImage) from transactional endAction()
- BZ - 1457087 - Insufficient logging for failed VM live migration with missing direct pass-though LUN
- BZ - 1457810 - Fix logging issue in engine-config under EAP 7.0.6
- BZ - 1458407 - [RFE] Logical Network name length needs to be 256 bytes
- BZ - 1459908 - Rest API does not report network statistics host "data.current.tx, data.current.rx"
- BZ - 1464296 - Command via API can cause host in Maintenance mode to be fenced
- BZ - 1467928 - Shutdown of a vm during snapshot deletion renders the disk invalid
- BZ - 1468242 - Default DC & Cluster has fixed UUIDs
- BZ - 1477042 - engine does not start due to trying to call non-existent callback.
- BZ - 1477535 - [Rebase] bug for ovirt-engine for RHV 4.2
- BZ - 1480433 - [RFE] Indicate host needs to be reinstalled to push new configurations.
- BZ - 1482365 - User cannot use non Public vNIC Profiles
- BZ - 1483400 - Highly populated export domain fails to attach.
- BZ - 1483401 - Frequent traceback on MetadataDiskDescriptionHandler
- BZ - 1484392 - Unable to Import a VM linked with its template to RHV 4.1 from export domain imported of RHEV 3.5
- BZ - 1486006 - Guest OS type is missing for SLES12 in RHV4.x / RHEV3.x
- BZ - 1487728 - If VM is down and 'run_on_vds' is still set, errors are reported in engine and server logs
- BZ - 1488630 - 03_06_0620_create_fence_agents_table.sql:60: ERROR: null value in column "agent_user" violates not-null constraint
- BZ - 1489968 - [RFE] [RHV] Add support to query illegal images in unlock_entity.sh
- BZ - 1489982 - HE host is not taken out of Local Maintenance after reinstall or upgrade
- BZ - 1490866 - [RFE] Deprecate iptables firewall type for hosts
- BZ - 1491771 - [RFE] Enable storage domain creation on a non replicated gluster volumes
- BZ - 1492684 - In edit host tab, authentication field should not be editable
- BZ - 1492838 - Engine database upgrade: take care of zero 'vm_snapshot_id' fields
- BZ - 1493914 - ISCSI targets results in duplicate connections with incorrect node.tpgt values.
- BZ - 1494711 - Live Storage Migration fails, live merge is not invoked, leaving snapshot locked
- BZ - 1496744 - Importing of VM from VmWare fails at username validation (Username has a dot in it (example="user.name") and it's not permitted) but using same username VM can be imported using external provider
- BZ - 1497933 - [TestOnly] Verify (QE) an alternative method of configuring sysprep that does not require restart
- BZ - 1499126 - Not possible to change ValidNumOfMonitors as wrong data type set
- BZ - 1500812 - Engine and audit logs don't indicate if a commit or undo was issued during a snapshot preview
- BZ - 1500996 - Engine logs don't indicate the option chosen for a snapshot preview
- BZ - 1504777 - Bookmarks are not sorted after upgrade
- BZ - 1506217 - Non hosted engine host (HA enabled) is not getting fenced
- BZ - 1506449 - [API] Cannot clear vm initialization via api
- BZ - 1506484 - [RFE] Allow attached disks registration using REST-API
- BZ - 1506887 - host_nic_vfs_config is not populated if parent pci device of nic is shared with another device
- BZ - 1509588 - [RFE][UI] - Allow import of VMs from storage domain with partial disks (UI only, API already exists).
- BZ - 1513583 - [downstream clone - 4.2.0] [RFE] Add a link to CA certificate on the main landing page
- BZ - 1513800 - Localdisk hook must prevent VM from being snapshot.
- BZ - 1515187 - [RFE] Admin Portal: About dialog should have a URL to www.redhat.com
- BZ - 1516758 - [ALL_LANG except en_US] Exception thrown while opening version info page
- BZ - 1516817 - Don't allow hosts in Maintenance to be selected as fence proxies
- BZ - 1516907 - Editing VM properties task hangs forever. The only way out is remove job_id from postgres and engine restart
- BZ - 1518066 - ovirt-engine-backend contains jar files that shouldn't be there
- BZ - 1519811 - On upgrade from RHEV-3.6 to RHV-4, max_memory_size_mb seems hardly set to 1TB
- BZ - 1523614 - Copy image to a block storage destination does not work after disk extension in a snapshot in DC pre-4.0
- BZ - 1524824 - [RFE] Add support for AMD EPYC processors
- BZ - 1525374 - EngineException: Failed to GetLldpVDS, error = The method does not exist / is not available when running a 3.6 host in rhv 4.2 engine
- BZ - 1525596 - [REST] entrypoint for events returns Blank template element without href nor id
- BZ - 1525904 - Include engine-psql.sh in ovirt-engine-dbscripts package as redhat-support-plugin-rhev package has been obsoleted and rhevm-doc is not a nice place to include that script
- BZ - 1526260 - Previewing snapshot for VM A actually snapshots disks of VM B, both get broken.
- BZ - 1527134 - Removing a disk with a non-existent snapshot fails
- BZ - 1528311 - [UI] - Hyperlinks for DCs, Clusters and Hosts are missing in RHV
- BZ - 1528917 - 'Guide' button under help returns 404- page not found in RHV
- BZ - 1530063 - Bandwidth is ignored for VLAN migration network
- BZ - 1530675 - [RFE] ovn-localnet: Connect OVN network and oVirt Data Center Network
- BZ - 1530730 - [downstream clone - 4.2.1] [RFE] Allow uploading ISO images to data domains and using them in VMs
- BZ - 1532567 - Cold merge failed to remove all volumes
- BZ - 1534664 - rhevm reports VM "up" on destination Host even after VM migration failure
- BZ - 1535175 - positive and negative affinity-groups for splitting hosts into two groups could force a migration loop of assigned VMs
- BZ - 1535256 - MaxBlockDiskSize is honoured only on AddDiskCommand and not on Extend
- BZ - 1535714 - RHVM reports GiB, but labels the columns as GB
- BZ - 1536300 - Live Migration: Engine fails to pass the destination Host parameter when user shuts down VM in the middle of migration
- BZ - 1537343 - engine tries to balance vms that are down.
- BZ - 1537594 - engine-setup --reconfigure-optional-components not covered by man-page
- BZ - 1537603 - ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-vmconsole-proxy-helper is not re-asking to be enabled if once set to False
- BZ - 1539777 - Improve Migration summary message
- BZ - 1539914 - Adding Storage domain with more than 50 character LUN ID succeeds but Storage domain removal fails
- BZ - 1540289 - Very slow login to and very slow execution in the RHV Manager
- BZ - 1540548 - [RFE] Automatically restart HA VMs paused due to I/O Error
- BZ - 1540814 - upgrade dbscript fails if multiplication overflows
- BZ - 1542034 - "Failed to determine the metadata devices of Storage Domain" error is shown for every storage domains in 4.1 environment with 4.0 hosts
- BZ - 1542118 - [downstream clone - 4.2.2] [RFE] Add facility to move a memory volume
- BZ - 1543218 - Engine allows importing HE specific volumes and then deleting them.
- BZ - 1544692 - Commands in command_entities table is not cleared if CreateSnapshotVDSCommand failed while starting the Pool VMs
- BZ - 1545193 - Snapshot remains in locked status if one of the disk was inactive while doing live merge
- BZ - 1548174 - "Actual Timezone in Guest Differs from Configuration Error" - PST / GMT -8 - Windows VM
- BZ - 1550135 - Failed logging attempts are not audited / logged
- BZ - 1551722 - Change in VM32BitMaxMemorySizeInMB not honored
- BZ - 1552025 - Host Setup Networks Dialog: hide VFs by default
- BZ - 1554180 - [downstream clone 4.2.2] Validate duplicate MACs on unset 'Allow Duplicates'
- BZ - 1555268 - [RFE] Kernel address space layout randomization [KASLR] support
- BZ - 1557448 - remoteDispatchDomainFSFreeze hangs when taking a snapshot
- BZ - 1561932 - [RFE] Can not disable Host to VM affinity rule
- BZ - 1563632 - can't switch user when accessing the engine with an active kerberos ticket
- BZ - 1564069 - HotUnPlugDisk triggers SQL deadlock
- BZ - 1564898 - REST API does not update disk's read_only status
- BZ - 1565331 - Events tab: search bar/box is missing in 4.2 beta
- BZ - 1565681 - Engine doesn't track transfers in progress correctly
- BZ - 1572445 - context-sensitive help URL path regression, 404
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2