RHEA-2017:1112 - Product Enhancement Advisory
cns-deploy-tool bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated cns-deploy-tool packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The 'cns-deploy' utility provides a tool to deploy Container-Native Storage on the Openshift environment.
The following list provides the major bug fixes and bug enhancements included for this release:
- Previously, the user had to keep track of the namespace, and had to mention the namespace for heketi to contact the kube client using the namespace value. With this release, the user can get the Kubernetes option to connect to kube client from the secret mounted in the heketi pod, resulting in better usability. (BZ#1406344)
- OpenShift Container Platform provides an integrated registry with storage using an NFS-backed persistent volume that is automatically setup. With this release, you can replace this volume with a Red Hat Gluster Storage persistent volume for registry storage that provides increased reliability, scalability, and failover. (BZ#1415763)
- Previously, there was no option to set the heketi admin user secret when deploying Container Native Storage. With this release, administrators now have an option to create a secret that will be used for authentication for accessing Heketi. CNS-deploy now allows to set the secret for the heketi "admin" user for volmanager (heketi container) which is created in the deployment process. (BZ#1430859)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1406344 - [cns-deploy] When using service account, No need to specify the Namespace in oc process for heketi deployment
- BZ - 1408425 - Remove the kubectl CLI option from the deployment option and make OC as the default
- BZ - 1408695 - cns-deploy should NOT try to re-configure a working setup and end up aborting the deployment on executing it for the second time
- BZ - 1409561 - During --abort operation, "--log-file LOG_FILE" doesn't capture all outputs to the log file
- BZ - 1415763 - [RFE] Make gluster a backend for Openshift Registry.
- BZ - 1417639 - [RFE] package cns-deploy for CNS 3.5 release.
- BZ - 1427846 - cns-deploy tool failed to setup: failed to communicate with heketi service
- BZ - 1428381 - cns-deploy continues with the deployment even when gluster pods are not ready
- BZ - 1430794 - unexpected error message seen while heketi device remove command is run - Volume group has insufficient free space
- BZ - 1430859 - Make heketi credentials a configurable value in CNS
- BZ - 1432459 - Revert the changes introduced in cns-deploy for storing heketi db in kube secret.
- BZ - 1433018 - cns-deploy fails to ensure that nodes are properly labeled during cns setup
- BZ - 1433260 - cns_deploy command failed: The DeploymentConfig "heketi" is invalid
- BZ - 1433304 - Rebase cns-deploy to upstream v1.1
- BZ - 1434055 - cns-deploy tool failed to setup: failed to communicate with heketi service
- BZ - 1434242 - Upstream image reference in deploy heketi
- BZ - 1434426 - cns-deploy should not abort if setting up of heketi pod fails
- BZ - 1434673 - cns-deploy throws a fake error after it has setup heketi successfully
- BZ - 1434838 - heketi-cli command returns error post cns deployment
- BZ - 1436136 - cns-deploy tool is broken
- BZ - 1436838 - -v 'value' deprecated and replaced with -p 'param'
- BZ - 1437466 - "Error from server (NotFound): secrets "heketi-db-backup" not found" message seen in cns-deploy --abort operation
- BZ - 1440040 - CNS deploy tool should support both OCP 3.4 and OCP 3.5
- BZ - 1441351 - [Scale Testing] With volumes scaled to 200, gluster pod not coming up post reboot of a node
- BZ - 1442021 - rebuild cns-deploy pointing to rhgs-volmanager image with signed builds
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7