RHEA-2017:1111 - Product Enhancement Advisory
heketi bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated heketi packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
Heketi provides the Red Hat Gluster Storage volume life cycle management.
It creates the Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes dynamically and supports
multiple Red Hat Gluster Storage clusters.
This errata provides the following major enhancement along with several bug fixes made to the Heketi component for this release:
Remove Device is a feature that allows heketi to move bricks from a failed device to other devices. This way administrators can perform operations on the failed device without losing brick data. As the copy of data happens with the replace brick of gluster, which internally triggers selfheal, bricks can be moved to a safer device and volumes will be served without any down time. (BZ#1415762)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3.1 x86_64
- BZ - 1415762 - [RFE] heketi-cli should support replacement of a failed devices
- BZ - 1423372 - [RFE] Rebase Heketi package to upstream v4.
- BZ - 1430678 - heketi device delete command seems to be hung forever
- BZ - 1430704 - No Space to store heketi DB due to 1MB size limit of secret.
- BZ - 1430786 - Error messages seen on heketi logs complaining 'Unable to update database to secret'
- BZ - 1431122 - Remove device operation should be allowed only for devices in offline state
- BZ - 1435097 - device remove command hangs when the node on which the device resides is not reachable
- BZ - 1437318 - device info doesn't list all the underlying bricks after concurrent operations such as device remove and volume create are run in parallel
- BZ - 1439120 - heketi: failed to start heketi.service
- BZ - 1442035 - rebuild heketi pointing to rhgs-volmanager image with signed builds
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3.1