RHEA-2016:1681 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated rhevm-spice-client packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
Red Hat Virtualization Manager provides access to virtual machines using SPICE. These SPICE client packages provide the SPICE client for both Windows 32-bit operating systems and Windows 64-bit operating systems.
Changes to the mingw-virt-viewer component:
- Previously, Eisu key combinations were not working properly when using spice-gtk. Now, support for Eisu/Alt + Eisu keys has been added to spice-gtk. (BZ#1311858)
- Previously, Zenkaku_Hankaku key combinations on Japanese keyboards were not working properly when using spice-gtk. Now, support for the Zenkaku_Hankaku key has been added to spice-gtk. (BZ#1311820)
- Previously, the Zenkaku_Hankaku key could not be passed to virtual machines from client machines running Japanese versions of Windows, as it was captured by Windows. This issues was resolved by disabling input method handling. The Zenkaku_Hankaku key can now be passed to virtual machines rather than being captured by Windows. (BZ#1297640)
- Previously, the default release sequence (Ctrl+Alt) was not disabled when another sequence was specified using the --hotkeys option, causing both key sequences (the default and the newly specified) to release the cursor. Now, the default key sequence is disabled when another sequence is specified, so that only the requested sequence releases the cursor. (BZ#1342013)
- A progress bar has been introduced to view the progress of file transfers when dragging and dropping files from a client machine to a guest machine. (BZ#1332180)
- Previously, when the Guest Agent was being killed at the same time as an ongoing file-transfer operation, the client crashed due to accessing the wrong error pointer, which was NULL. Now it accesses the correct error pointer, which is not NULL, so the client does not crash anymore. (BZ#1336327)
- Previously, some labels in the UI didn't have keyboard accelerators, so it was not possible to navigate through menus in the UI using only the keyboard (using the mouse was required). Now, accelerators have been added to these labels, so it is possible to navigate through UI menus using keyboard accelerators. (BZ#1340906)
- The virt-viewer and libgovirt packages have been updated to adjust to authentication changes in Red Hat Virtualization 4.0. This ensures that the foreign menu continues working correctly on Red Hat Virtualization 4.0 when starting the remote-viewer utility using the web portal interface. Note, however, that the menu does not work when starting remote-viewer from the command line. (BZ#1339247)
Changes to the rhevm-spice-client component:
- The Spice Internet Explorer plug-in is not supported in Red Hat Virtualization 4.0. The 'Native' spice connection is suggested as a replacement. Installation on the client machine is done via MSI installers, and will not be available via CAB files. It is recommended that users of the Spice plug-in uninstall the virt-viewer and the Spice Internet Explorer plug-in before installing via MSI. (BZ#1324885)
- The usbclerk service has been dropped from this release. The usbdk driver is now supported instead, and it supports more devices than WinUSB, which was installed by usbclerk. The usbdk driver is installed via the MSI installer. (BZ#1328916)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.0 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1297640 - Remote-viewer application unable to send some keys due to IME not disabled
- BZ - 1299932 - Improve "there are no free USB channels" string as it can be read as an error message
- BZ - 1301064 - remote-viewer is missing icons
- BZ - 1311641 - virt-viewer can freeze or get into busy loop after forceful unplug of USB device redirected via usbdk
- BZ - 1311820 - Alt-half/full key combination does not work properly in spice console
- BZ - 1311858 - Press Alt key and Caps Lock has to not changed but changed in spice console.
- BZ - 1322914 - Fullscreen multi monitor setup: Alt-Tab processed by client
- BZ - 1322920 - remote-viewer hangs with "Connected to graphic server"
- BZ - 1324885 - [RFE] remove the plugin support for spice connection (remove spicex-win and CAB support)
- BZ - 1326052 - Rebase: mingw-curl, mingw-gnutls, mingw-libpng, mingw-libxml2
- BZ - 1328916 - [RFE] Spice: drop support for usbclerk on Windows client machines in RHEV-M 4.0
- BZ - 1329600 - Backport scancode save patch from GDK
- BZ - 1332180 - [RFE] spice: : add progress bar for drag-and-drop copying.
- BZ - 1336327 - sigsegv on file transfer while killing the agent
- BZ - 1339247 - virt-viewer should utilize SSO to authenticate against oVirt engine for foreign menu support
- BZ - 1339499 - Can't connect to any display if specifying <CLIENT-MONITOR-ID> greater than the real monitor count
- BZ - 1339500 - Can't connect to any display if specifying nothing to monitor-mapping
- BZ - 1340906 - Spice: mingw-virt-viewer: add missing access keys.
- BZ - 1341991 - spice-gtk can not parse ipv6 address given in SPICE_PROXY variable or vv-file proxy= key
- BZ - 1342013 - VNC: "ctrl+alt" still can release cursor after setting --hotkeys=release-cursor=ctrl+alt+a
- BZ - 1342087 - Bad dependency for rhevm-spice-client-x86-msi
- BZ - 1343065 - virt-viewer: Improve parsing of smartcard messages
- BZ - 1343240 - virt-viewer crashed when switch the tty of guest that with "-vga std" and "-device qxl..."
- BZ - 1346261 - two times authentication are required when connecting to vm by ovirt uri
- BZ - 1347220 - Wrong VM state get for vms in ovirt4.0
- BZ - 1349481 - USB auto-share not functional in Windows client
- BZ - 1349819 - remote-viewer crashes when file copying cancelled (win client)
- BZ - 1351501 - "Connection Address" and "Cancel" button in remote-viewer connection window have same access keys
- BZ - 1358809 - events are flooded with 'Refresh image list succeeded for domain(s):' when console is open
Red Hat Virtualization 4.0
Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 4 for RHEL 7