RHEA-2016:0404 - Product Enhancement Advisory
rhevm-dwh bug fix and enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated rhevm-dwh packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager data warehouse package provides the ETL process and DB scripts to create a historic database API. Enables SQL BI reports creation for management and monitoring.
Changes to the rhevm-dwh component:
- Previously, a 'create date' field was added to the users table in the engine database. When the user's details were synchronized they would only be updated to the history database if the user was created before the runTime. When upgrading the 'create date' on the engine database was populated by default with the current time for all current users and after this the data warehouse was started and attempted to get the users for the history database. However, the current users were filtered and the users table was not populated correctly and caused an error when trying to update the statistics table, which has a foreign key for user_id. Now, the filter has been removed so that the history database populates correctly. (BZ#1189000)
- Previously, when the connection to the database failed the job that checked the 'DisconnectDwh' flag did not reconnect to the engine database and this meant that the ETL did not stop. Now, the job that checks the 'DisconnectDwh' flag keeps trying to connect to the database if the connection fails. (BZ#1170631)
- Previously, the field "vm_disk_actual_size_mb", in "dwh_vm_disks_history_view", was the virtual machine disk size for the current snapshot of the virtual machine. It was decided that this information is irrelevant for collecting to the ovirt-engine-history database and what should be collected is the total disk size that the virtual machine is using, including all snapshots. From Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.6 this field will show the Total virtual machine disk size. Previous collected data will be kept even though it is inaccurate. (BZ#1117302)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.6 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 3.6 x86_64
- BZ - 951902 - [rhevm-dwh] - Remove Host power management fields in History DB
- BZ - 1117302 - [RFE] Collect data for VMs "vm_disk_actual_size_mb" including snapshots and change currect column name
- BZ - 1168141 - DWH log does not show message when it closes due to DisconnectDWH flag on engine
- BZ - 1170631 - If connection to DB fails , the job that checks DisconnectDwh flag does not reconnect to engine db
- BZ - 1189000 - After upgrade from 3.4 to 3.5.0 dwh fails to collect on first minute on "insert or update on table "vm_samples_history" violates foreign key constraint "vm_samples_history_current_user_id_fkey""
- BZ - 1193318 - [TEXT ONLY] Data Warehouse service is incorrectly labeled as 'Dataware House'
- BZ - 1195395 - ETL service aggregation to hourly tables is failing due to NullPointerException for specific timezones due to the way the ETL interprets the timezone
- BZ - 1202661 - Aggregation of disks usage is running slow
- BZ - 1209910 - [RFE] Report guests Buffered/Cached memory - DWH
- BZ - 1209931 - [RFE]Add additional hypervisor details to the ETL process - DWH
Red Hat Virtualization 3.6
Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 3.6