RHEA-2004:518 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated anaconda and pump packages
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated anaconda and pump packages that fix various issues related to
installation on new hardware are now available.
The anaconda package contains portions of the Red Hat Linux installation
program which can be run by the user for reconfiguration and advanced
The pump-devel package provides system developers the ability to send BOOTP
and DHCP requests from their programs. BOOTP and DHCP are protocols used to
provide network configuration information to networked machines.
The following issues have been addressed:
- Enhances link detection when gigabit ethernet adapters are used.
- Adds support for installation on additional hardware.
- Adds support for using the hardware address of the network device to be
specified during a kickstart installation, in addition to the name
assigned by the kernel.
All users of these various packages should upgrade, which resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 110036 - kickstart fails to get kickstartfile when using e1000 network driver
- BZ - 130605 - RHEL3 U4 - kickstart to use ksdevice=<MAC address>
- BZ - 131475 - CRM #343976: RHEL3 (any version) kickstart with e1000 driver fails
- BZ - 131746 - installer crashes when NFS server is not running
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3