RHBA-2022:6842 - Bug Fix Advisory
updated rhel-els container image
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhel-els container image is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4 Extended Update Support.
The rhel-els container image has been updated for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4 Extended Update Support to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2022:6831 (see References)
Users of rhel-els container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4 Extended Update Support container image provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 8.4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems - Extended Update Support 8.4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian - Extended Update Support 8.4 ppc64le
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 - Extended Update Support 8.4 aarch64
- BZ - 2130769 - CVE-2022-40674 expat: a use-after-free in the doContent function in xmlparse.c
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.