RHBA-2022:5744 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 container images are now available
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 container images have been updated to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2022:5626 (see References)
Users of Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 container images provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat OpenStack for IBM Power 16.2 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenStack 16.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1903244 - CVE-2020-29368 kernel: the copy-on-write implementation can grant unintended write access because of a race condition in a THP mapcount check
- BZ - 2035652 - CVE-2021-4197 kernel: cgroup: Use open-time creds and namespace for migration perm checks
- BZ - 2036934 - CVE-2021-4203 kernel: Race condition in races in sk_peer_pid and sk_peer_cred accesses
- BZ - 2064604 - CVE-2022-1012 kernel: Small table perturb size in the TCP source port generation algorithm can lead to information leak
- BZ - 2086753 - CVE-2022-1729 kernel: race condition in perf_event_open leads to privilege escalation
- BZ - 2092427 - CVE-2022-32250 kernel: a use-after-free write in the netfilter subsystem can lead to privilege escalation to root