RHBA-2022:5170 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images are now available
The RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images have been updated to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2022:5095 (see References)
Users of RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1991685 - CVE-2021-3695 grub2: Crafted PNG grayscale images may lead to out-of-bounds write in heap
- BZ - 1991686 - CVE-2021-3696 grub2: Crafted PNG image may lead to out-of-bound write during huffman table handling
- BZ - 1991687 - CVE-2021-3697 grub2: Crafted JPEG image can lead to buffer underflow write in the heap
- BZ - 2083339 - CVE-2022-28733 grub2: Integer underflow in grub_net_recv_ip4_packets
- BZ - 2090463 - CVE-2022-28734 grub2: Out-of-bound write when handling split HTTP headers
- BZ - 2090857 - CVE-2022-28735 grub2: shim_lock verifier allows non-kernel files to be loaded
- BZ - 2090899 - CVE-2022-28737 shim: Buffer overflow when loading crafted EFI images
- BZ - 2092613 - CVE-2022-28736 grub2: use-after-free in grub_cmd_chainloader()
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8