RHBA-2022:2176 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated codeready-workspaces/plugin-kubernetes-rhel8 container image is now available for Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.0.
The codeready-workspaces/plugin-kubernetes-rhel8 container image has been updated for Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.0 to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2022:1762 (see References)
Users of codeready-workspaces/plugin-kubernetes-rhel8 container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.0 container image provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat Developer Tools (for RHEL Server) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 2045880 - CVE-2022-21698 prometheus/client_golang: Denial of service using InstrumentHandlerCounter
- BZ - 2066568 - CVE-2022-27649 podman: Default inheritable capabilities for linux container should be empty
- BZ - 2066840 - CVE-2022-27651 buildah: Default inheritable capabilities for linux container should be empty
- BZ - 2066845 - CVE-2022-27650 crun: Default inheritable capabilities for linux container should be empty
- BZ - 2070368 - CVE-2022-1227 psgo: Privilege escalation in 'podman top'
Red Hat Developer Tools (for RHEL Server) 1