RHBA-2021:3460 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-engine packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-engine package provides the Red Hat Virtualization Manager, a centralized management platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and interacted with, including an Administration Portal, a VM Portal, and a Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
Changes to the ovirt-engine component:
- Previously, connection with the postgresql would fail during restart or any other issue. The virtual machine monitoring thread would fail with an unrecoverable error and would not run again until the ovirt-engine was restarted. The current release fixes this issue allowing the monitoring thread to recover once errors are resolved. (BZ#1770027)
- Previously, log files would use too much disk space because the operation runs frequently. The current release fixes this issue by implementing the logrotate feature. With this feature, logs will be rotated monthly or daily with only one archive file being retained. Host deployment, enrollment certificate, host upgrade, ova, brick setup and db-manual logs are rotated monthly. Check for update logs are rotated daily. Compressed files will be removed for update logs 24 hours from the time of creation, brick setup logs will be removed 30 days from the time of creation, and all other logs will be removed 30 days from the last metadata change. (BZ#1941507)
- Multipath events were introduced in Red Hat Virtualization version 4.2, but there was no way to configure email notifications for these events. The current release now allows you to configure email notifications for multipath events using either user interface or the REST API. (BZ#1691696)
- Previously, there was a race condition that prevented RHV-M from displaying the guest agent information of the HostedEngine virutal machine. The current release fixes this issue and the information displays correctly in the Administration Portal. (BZ#1901572)
- Previously, you could only monitor broken affinity groups using the Administration Portal. In the current release, you can now monitor broken affinity groups using both the REST API and the Administration Portal. (BZ#1939286)
- Previously, sending rapid multiple requests to update affinity groups simultaneously would cause conflicts resulting in a failure. The conflict would occur because the affinity group was being removed and recreated during the update process. The current release fixes this issue by allowing each update on an affinity group to be initiated with a specific operation. Therefore, the affinity group is no longer removed and recreated during the update. (BZ#1950767)
- Previously, it was possible to set the maximum number of vCPUs too high for virtual machine with the i4440fx BIOS type with certain CPU topologies. This prevented those virtual machines from starting. The current release fixes this issue and the maximum number of vCPUs for such virtual machines is now set within a valid range. (BZ#1982296)
- Previously, the origin disks of the virtual machine would become locked after doing a live snapshot to a vitual machine with disks and then making a copy of them. The current release fixes this issue in ovirt-engine. (BZ#1999754)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1691696 - [RFE] multipath events notifications
- BZ - 1770027 - Live Merge completed on the host, but not on the engine, which just waited for it to complete until the operation was terminated.
- BZ - 1901572 - RHV-M doesn't display guest information of HostedEngine VM
- BZ - 1939286 - [RFE] Expose broken Affinity Groups via API too
- BZ - 1941507 - [RFE] Implement rotation mechanism for /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy
- BZ - 1950767 - updating an affinity groups in parallel causes 400 erros and SQL errors
- BZ - 1958398 - "This VM has no graphic display device" error after upgrade from RHV 4.3 to RHV 4.4 for some VMs
- BZ - 1972023 - Defined kernel options go missing when rhv-h is upgraded
- BZ - 1981297 - [RFE] Add new backup phases and disable backup/image transfers DB instant cleanup
- BZ - 1982296 - vCPU maximum CPU calculation is off causing VM's not to boot due to exceeding maximum vcpu of machine type
- BZ - 1983636 - Add "last_updated" column to the "vm_backups" DB table
- BZ - 1989794 - engine still generates duplicate address for hotplug disks
- BZ - 1997663 - Keep cinbderlib dependencies optional for 4.4.8
- BZ - 1999754 - Disks are locked forever when copying VMs' disks after snapshot
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.4