RHBA-2021:0791 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images are now available
The RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images have been updated to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2021:0696 (see References)
Users of RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The RHEL-8 based Middleware Containers container images provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.5 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.5 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1873150 - CVE-2020-14372 grub2: acpi command allows privileged user to load crafted ACPI tables when Secure Boot is enabled
- BZ - 1879577 - CVE-2020-25632 grub2: Use-after-free in rmmod command
- BZ - 1886936 - CVE-2020-25647 grub2: Out-of-bounds write in grub_usb_device_initialize()
- BZ - 1899966 - CVE-2020-27749 grub2: Stack buffer overflow in grub_parser_split_cmdline()
- BZ - 1900698 - CVE-2020-27779 grub2: cutmem command allows privileged user to remove memory regions when Secure Boot is enabled
- BZ - 1924696 - CVE-2021-20225 grub2: Heap out-of-bounds write in short form option parser
- BZ - 1926263 - CVE-2021-20233 grub2: Heap out-of-bounds write due to miscalculation of space required for quoting