RHBA-2020:3001 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated RHEL-7 based Middleware Containers container images are now available
The RHEL-7 based Middleware Containers container images have been updated to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2020:2969 (see References)
Users of RHEL-7 based Middleware Containers container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The RHEL-7 based Middleware Containers container images provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.11 x86_64
- BZ - 1856448 - CVE-2020-14583 OpenJDK: Bypass of boundary checks in nio.Buffer via concurrent access (Libraries, 8238920)
- BZ - 1856784 - CVE-2020-14593 OpenJDK: Incomplete bounds checks in Affine Transformations (2D, 8240119)
- BZ - 1856810 - CVE-2020-14562 OpenJDK: Excessive memory usage in ImageIO TIFF plugin (ImageIO, 8233239)
- BZ - 1856885 - CVE-2020-14621 OpenJDK: XML validation manipulation due to incomplete application of the use-grammar-pool-only feature (JAXP, 8242136)
- BZ - 1856896 - CVE-2020-14556 OpenJDK: Incorrect handling of access control context in ForkJoinPool (Libraries, 8237117)
- BZ - 1856951 - CVE-2020-14573 OpenJDK: Incomplete interface type checks in Graal compiler (Hotspot, 8236867)
- BZ - 1856988 - CVE-2020-14577 OpenJDK: HostnameChecker does not ensure X.509 certificate names are in normalized form (JSSE, 8237592)