RHBA-2020:0611 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhscl/nodejs-12-rhel7 container image is now available for Red Hat Software Collections for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The rhscl/nodejs-12-rhel7 container image has been updated for Red Hat Software Collections for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2020:0602 (see References)
Users of rhscl/nodejs-12-rhel7 container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The Red Hat Software Collections for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 container image provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) 1 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server for System Z) 1 for RHEL 7 s390x
- Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server for IBM Power LE) 1 for RHEL 7 ppc64le
- BZ - 1788301 - CVE-2019-16777 npm: Global node_modules Binary Overwrite
- BZ - 1788305 - CVE-2019-16775 npm: Symlink reference outside of node_modules folder through the bin field upon installation
- BZ - 1788310 - CVE-2019-16776 npm: Arbitrary file write via constructed entry in the package.json bin field
- BZ - 1800364 - CVE-2019-15605 nodejs: HTTP request smuggling using malformed Transfer-Encoding header
- BZ - 1800366 - CVE-2019-15606 nodejs: HTTP header values do not have trailing optional whitespace trimmed
- BZ - 1800367 - CVE-2019-15604 nodejs: Remotely trigger an assertion on a TLS server with a malformed certificate string