RHBA-2019:3181 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated Satellite 6.6 packages that fix one bug are now available for Red Hat Satellite.
Red Hat Satellite is a system management solution that allows organizations to configure and maintain their systems without the necessity to provide public Internet access to their servers or other client systems. It performs provisioning and configuration management of predefined standard operating environments.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- The foreman-maintain tool checks if hot fixes are applied and returns a status message if the hot fixes are installed. (BZ#1463383)
- The foreman-maintain tool now locks packages that are installed to restrict package management and updates to the correct tools. Customers can manually unlock the repositories if they want to use yum install. (BZ#1512600)
- The disable sync plans portion of the maintain process was failing because of new features in katello. This is now resolved. (BZ#1702177)
- The pre-migration step was asking for permission twice. This is now resolved. (BZ#1710305)
- Improvements have been made to correct proxy configuration issues that were causing the upgrade process to fail. (BZ#1721378)
Users of Red Hat Satellite are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix this bug.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1463383 - [RFE] Satellite installer should not run on systems which have hotfixes applied
- BZ - 1512600 - [RFE] Implement a yum version lock type of protections against upgrades
- BZ - 1702177 - [regression] Procedure sync-plans-enable is not working
- BZ - 1710305 - pre-migration step in foreman maintain asks for permission twice.
- BZ - 1721378 - foreman-maintain backup offline failed with undefined method `&' for "":String
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7