RHBA-2019:2010 - Bug Fix Advisory
OpenShift Container Platform 4.1.9 bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.1.9 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1.9. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this release:
This update fixes the following bugs:
- The `arping` binary was missing from the SDN image build. As a result, egress IP addresses may not have functioned reliably. The `arping` binary has been included in this update to prevent reliability issues. (BZ#1731913)
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.1.9
The image digest is sha256:27fd24c705d1107cc73cb7dda8257fe97900e130b68afc314d0ef0e31bcf9b8e
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images.
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for release 4.1.9, for important instructions on
how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1709647 - must-gather container logs unavailable
- BZ - 1713292 - Change the behavior of stopped existing instances in case forgot approving CSR AND oc delete stopped node which makes nodes finally NotReady
- BZ - 1720833 - [backport 4.1] network collection scripts to must-gather
- BZ - 1725936 - Authentication operator degraded state is not nuanced enough for useful aggregated metrics
- BZ - 1731913 - [4.1] arping is missing in sdn image
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.