RHBA-2019:1780 - Bug Fix Advisory
Satellite 6.4.4 Async Bug Fix Update
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated Satellite 6.4 packages that fix several bugs are now available for Red Hat Satellite.
Red Hat Satellite is a system management solution that allows organizations to configure and maintain their systems without the necessity to provide public Internet access to their servers or other client systems. It performs provisioning and configuration management of predefined standard operating environments.
This update includes a performance enhancement that greatly increases the throughput for processing tasks on a large scale. In some cases, the throughput increases up to twice its original volume.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Because of problems with the dynflow scheduling mechanism, tasks that were initiated later were executed ahead of existing tasks. This problem left older tasks waiting. (BZ#1717697)
- In the Satellite web UI, it was not possible to change the pagination settings on the Content Host Errata page. (BZ#1662254)
- Host creation using an ESXi hypervisor was failing with the error: Validation failed: Name has already been taken. (BZ#1715827)
- The Katello::Pool.import_all command was querying each and every pool, which was delaying the upgrade process. (BZ#1717194)
- When using a custom SSL certificate, an incorrect CA certificate file that was used to validate the ueber certificate caused the ueber certificate to regenerate every time. This forced the optimized Capsule sync to perform a full sync every time. (BZ#1717700)
- The wrong z version of Satellite 6.4 was displaying in the Satellite web UI. (BZ#1724738)
Users of Red Hat Satellite are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For detailed instructions how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Satellite 6.4 x86_64
- Red Hat Satellite Capsule 6.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1715827 - [Satellite 6.4] Create host for esxi hypervisor fails with Validation failed: Name has already been taken error
- BZ - 1717194 - [6.4 only] upgrades: improve Katello::Pool.import_all by querying candlepin activation keys once per each org only
- BZ - 1717697 - The dynflow scheduling mechanism can lead to tasks initiated later to be executed sooner, leaving older tasks waiting
- BZ - 1717700 - Regeneration of ueber certificate is causing optimized capsule sync to perform force full sync every time.
- BZ - 1724738 - [sat6.4.4] Login page shows version 6.4.3
Red Hat Satellite 6.4
Red Hat Satellite Capsule 6.4
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.