RHBA-2018:3489 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhvm-setup-plugins bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for rhvm-setup-plugins is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Engine 4.2.
The rhvm-setup-plugins package adds functionality exclusive only to Red Hat Virtualization Manager, and is not available for the upstream ovirt-engine. It includes the configuration of the Red Hat Support plugin, copying downstream-only artifacts to the ISO domain, and links to the knowledgebase and other support material.
Changes to the rhvm-setup-plugins component:
- In Red Hat Virtualization 4.2, the SMBIOS manufacturer was incorrectly identified as "oVirt" when the virtual machine booted. Now it shows "Red Hat". (BZ#1631361)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1631258 - consume new vfd drivers structure from virtio-win
- BZ - 1631361 - use "Red Hat" manufacturer in SMBIOS for RHV VMs
- BZ - 1634738 - Upgrade rhvm-setup-plugins to 4.2.13
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.