RHBA-2018:2848 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 director bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated packages that resolve various issues are now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 director for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform director provides the facilities for deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Changes to the openstack-tripleo-heat-templates component:
- Prior to this update, the source IP address for cold migration and resize was determined by the default gateway configured on the source compute node.
Now the my_ip option is explicitly set to the internal_api network IP in nova.conf, ensuring the correct network is used for this traffic. (BZ#1501567)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1501567 - Cold-migration should use the internal_api network
- BZ - 1590375 - [osp9] Creation of "/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts" silently fails in scale deplyoments
- BZ - 1598931 - ceilometer-expirer cron job does not run correctly [osp9]
- BZ - 1630987 - openstack-puppet-modules-8.1.13-7.el7ost introduces duplicate puppet declaration conflicting with instack-undercloud
Red Hat OpenStack 9