RHBA-2018:2688 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated rhgs-server-container image that fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements is now available in the Red Hat Container Registry.
The OpenShift Container Storage solution provides persistent storage service for OpenShift Containers and OpenShift Infrastructure services.
This advisory fixes the following bugs:
- Till this release, the glusterd pod's health or liveness check was performed based on the glusterd service status. However, there were scenarios where the metadata directory of glusterd ran out of space which caused glusterd to successfully complete further transactions. With this update, extra liveness probe has been added which ensures glusterd is down if the metadata directory is full or out of space. (BZ#1598751)
- Previously, installing Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage changed the secontext for /dev/log from devlog_t to device_t. This meant that OpenShift logging and metrics could not use the relabelled /dev/log. With this fix, the services responsible for relabelling /dev/log are removed, and /dev/log files label does not change. (BZ#1614251)
- Previously, NTP service ran in both rhgs-server-container pod and the node where rhgs-server-container pod was running. With this fix, NTP service is enabled only in the node and the instance that ran in rhgs-server-container pod is removed. (BZ#1576764)
- The rhgs-server-container packages have been upgraded to latest version of Red Hat Gluster Storage which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#1596558)
All users of rhgs-server-container image are advised to pull this updated
image from the Red Hat Container Registry.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1569360 - Rebase rhgs-server-container for OCS 3.10
- BZ - 1576764 - In OCP+CNS, time synchronization process type differs in both, nodes(chrony) and gluster pods(NTP)
- BZ - 1588941 - location of core files generated in gluster container images is not persistent
- BZ - 1596558 - Rebase rhgs server container with latest glusterfs packages
- BZ - 1602437 - respin rhgs-server-container for OCS 3.10
- BZ - 1603207 - Capture gluster mount outputs at gluster pod startup.
- BZ - 1615280 - OCS 3.10 stack to include RHGS 3.4.0 - respin rhgs-server-container image
- BZ - 1615324 - [Tracker-RHGS] on scaled CNS system, bricks fail to start with "Transport Endpoint Not Connected" error after pod containing gluster node is restarted
- BZ - 1619158 - [Tracker-RHGS-BZ#1612098] - Bricks are not coming up after rebooting whole setup
- BZ - 1619392 - [Tracker-RHGS-BZ#1620469] Brick process NOT ONLINE for heketidb and block-hosting volume
- BZ - 1622447 - [Tracker-RHGS-BZ#1622452] Bricks for heketidb and some other volumes not ONLINE in gluster volume status
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7