RHBA-2018:2649 - Bug Fix Advisory
RHUI 3.0.5 bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated RHUI 3 packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
Red Hat Update Infrastructure (RHUI) is a highly scalable, highly redundant framework that enables you to manage repositories and content. It also enables cloud providers to deliver content and updates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) instances. Based on the upstream Pulp project, RHUI allows cloud providers to locally mirror Red Hat-hosted repository content, create custom repositories with their own content, and make those repositories available to a large group of end users through a load-balanced content delivery system.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- The fabric package needs PyCrypto libraries but did not require python-crypto. It required python-paramiko, which used to require python-crypto, so the dependency was satisfied. A newer version of python-paramiko will be in RHEL 7.6, but it will not require python-crypto. The fabric package has been rebuilt to require python-crypto explicitly so it can continue to work on RHUI 3 running on RHEL 7.6. (BZ#1615907)
- Docker originally had registry settings in the /etc/sysconfig/docker file. The Docker configuration package created by rhui-manager modified this file to make Docker communicate with RHUI instead of the Red Hat registry. These settings have recently been moved to /etc/containers/registries.conf. This update allows rhui-manager to modify the new configuration file if it exists. Note that if your clients use a configuration package created in an earlier RHUI version, you must recreate the package and update it on the clients. (BZ#1599295)
- RHEL 7.6 will contain changes in SELinux that affect the ability of Pulp to synchronize content. New SELinux rules reflecting these changes have been added in advance to allow Pulp to work correctly after RHEL 7.6 is released. (BZ#1608166)
In addition, this update adds the following enhancements:
- A new script, "rhui-services-restart", is now available on RHUA and CDS nodes. Use this script to conveniently restart all the services that comprise RHUI. (BZ#1539105)
- RHUI has switched from the insecure Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA-1) to SHA-256 in its internal certificates. Note that this change will only affect new RHUI deployments. (BZ#1411451)
- Pulp is now configured to remove copies of packages that get removed from Red Hat CDN. This will free up disk space used by such unwanted packages. Note that this change will only affect new RHUI deployments. (BZ#1489113)
- The "rhui-manager repo list" command now prints repository lists in alphabetical order. (BZ#1601478)
- The RHUI debug script, used by the sosreport utility, has been enhanced to collect the output from the "rhui-manager status" command. (BZ#1176477)
- The RHUI debug script has been made available on CDS nodes, which allows Red Hat Support to collect CDS-specific configuration and log files. However, it is necessary to have an updated version of the sos package for this enhancement to take effect. RHEL 6.10.z already contains an updated sos package, but RHEL 7 will not have this update until 7.6 is released. (BZ#1596296)
- Previously, when rhui-manager created a client configuration package, it only printed the build root directory. A RHUI administrator who wanted to copy the package had to find it deep in the directory structure under the build root. With this update, rhui-manager prints the full path to the configuration package that it has built. (BZ#1599635)
Users of RHUI are advised to upgrade to these updated packages that fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 1176477 - Collect the output from "rhui-manager status" in sosreport
- BZ - 1411451 - Migrate away from SHA1 in our certificates
- BZ - 1489113 - [RFE] RHUI 3 repo_importers not configured for remove_missing
- BZ - 1539105 - Missing script which would restart all the rhui related services on RHUA and CDS [regression]
- BZ - 1596296 - Make /usr/share/rh-rhua/rhui-debug.py available on CDSes as well
- BZ - 1599295 - RHUI docker registry doesn't get added
- BZ - 1599635 - RFE: print the exact location of the client configuration RPM that rhui-manager has built
- BZ - 1601478 - RFE: Sort repo lists
Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 6