RHBA-2018:2623 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Virtualization Manager (ovirt-engine) 4.2.6
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
The Red Hat Virtualization Manager is a centralized management platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several interfaces for accessing and interacting with the virtual environment, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
Changes to the ovirt-engine component:
- Previously, when the IO threads setting was disabled on a running virtual machine, after restarting the machine the setting was ignored and IO threads were enabled.
In this release, the IO threads setting is now properly saved into a next-run configuration, and once disabled, it remains disabled after restarting the machine. (BZ#1623447)
- This release allows the creation of single-brick Gluster volumes to enable local storage to be used as a storage domain for shared data centers. As a result, both local storage and shared storage can be used. This feature is a Tech Preview. (BZ#1109597)
- Under certain conditions an issue with a change in selinux policy, and the script that converts a selinux policy in the old format to the new format of the selinux policy, causes the engine-setup upgrade to postgresql to fail for upgrades from 4.1.to 4.2.
In this release, engine-setup checks for this issue, and aborts the upgrade with a clear error message.
To prevent this, reinstall the rh-postgresql95-runtime package by running 'yum reinstall rh-postgresql95-runtime', then run engine-setup again. (BZ#1608828)
- Previously, users were able to see all the virtual machines in a pool, rather than only those virtual machines to which they are assigned.
In this release, users will only see the virtual machines to which they are assigned. (BZ#1609147)
- Previously, when the IO threads setting was disabled, if some other properties of a running virtual machine were changed, and then virtual machine was then shut down, the IO threads setting would be enabled.
In this release, the IO threads setting is now properly saved into a next-run configuration. When the virtual machine is restarted, the IO threads setting remains disabled. (BZ#1622994)
- Memory hotplugging is now available for ppc64le virtual machines. (BZ#1624923)
- Red Hat Virtualization Hosts must always be rebooted after an upgrade. In this release, the Reboot check box in the Administration Portal will be read-only for Red Hat Virtualization Hosts.
For REST API requests Reboot option will be set to true by default for Red Hat Virtualization Hosts. (BZ#1613875)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1109597 - [RFE][Tracker][Dalton] Allow shared and local storage in the same DataCenter
- BZ - 1597574 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] Recreate engine_cache dir during start and host deployment flows
- BZ - 1608013 - Require rhv-log-collector-analyzer
- BZ - 1608828 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] Unable to perform upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 due to selinux related errors.
- BZ - 1609147 - [REST API] all VMs in VM Pool are returned to a pool user regardless of actual VM ownership
- BZ - 1609175 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] ovirt-web-ui is not getting updating during engine-setup which is creating unexpected results
- BZ - 1610439 - [downstream clone - 4.2.5] After upgrade to RHV 4.2.3, hosts can no longer be set into maintenance mode.
- BZ - 1613104 - The engine is generating domain XML for HE VM also if the cluster compatibility level doesn't allow it
- BZ - 1613875 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] Indicate that RHV-H hosts have to be rebooted always after upgrade
- BZ - 1622994 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] IO-Threads is enabled inadvertently by editing unrelated configuration
- BZ - 1623447 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] Pending change IO thread disable is not applied on shutdown
- BZ - 1624911 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] [RFE] PAPR Hash Page Table (HPT) resizing (RHV)
- BZ - 1624923 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] [PPC64LE] enable memory hotplug support
- BZ - 1625150 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] Creating transient disk during backup operation is failing with error "No such file or directory"
- BZ - 1625171 - [downstream clone - 4.2.6] [RFE] Should be able to change the Port number of NoVnc
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.