RHBA-2018:2134 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 director Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated packages that resolve various issues are now available for Red Hat
OpenStack Platform 8.0 director for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform director provides the facilities for deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
This update includes the following enhancement:
- This enhancement allows you to override any SNMP configuration by using a new parameter: `SnmpdConfigOverride`. The default setting is ``, and it should be an array when used. This setting can be used to override all snmpd configuration for advanced deployments. If used, all parameters must configured, including users and passwords (which should be the same values as given to snmpd_password and snmpd_user). Note that there is no logic that will verify the content of 'SnmpdConfigOverride'. (BZ#1554601)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1431674 - [OSP8] Backport of Bug #1416994 (nova vnc server listens on all active interfaces)
- BZ - 1554601 - SNMP proc and ro_community addition in heat templates [osp8]
- BZ - 1558563 - yumdownloader fails to upgrade OVS if files exist in OVS_UPGRADE
Red Hat OpenStack 8