RHBA-2018:2133 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Bug Fix and Enhancement Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated packages that resolve various issues are now available for Red Hat
OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware.
This update addresses the following issue:
- Prior to this update, the `OS-Brick` FC code always scanned all HBAs that were present, which could have unintentionally added unwanted devices. To address this, this update limits which HBAs get scanned:
- If there is an initiator map, only scan on the HBAs that are present.
- If in a single WWNN for all ports, only scan the HBAs that are connected.
- If no better options are available, use wildcards to scan all HBAs.
- Previously, the `connection_trace` option of oslo.db was hardcoded to require the `oslo_db.tests` python package, which was not packaged as part of Red Hat OpenStack Platform. Consequently, enabling `connection_trace` would cause a Python stack trace. With this update, `connection_trace` conditionally imports `oslo_db.tests`, and continues without error if not present. As a result, enabling `connection_trace` now functions despite `oslo_db.tests` not being present. (BZ#1578254)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1568377 - test_templates_negative.TemplateYAMLNegativeTestJSON attempts to connect to external service
- BZ - 1578254 - nova-scheduler and nova-conductor are not starting when we enable connection_trace=true in nova.conf under database section
Red Hat OpenStack 8