RHBA-2018:2131 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-cinder bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Block Storage packages that resolve various issues are
now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- OpenStack Block Storage service
OpenStack Block Storage (cinder) manages block storage mounting and the
presentation of such mounted block storage to instances. The back-end
physical storage can consist of local disks, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and/or
NFS mounts attached to Compute nodes. In addition, Block Storage supports
volume backups, and snapshots for temporary save and restore operations.
Programmatic management is available through the Block Storage service's
Changes to the openstack-cinder component:
- Prior to this update, race conditions could occur on the volume service when reporting stats from the storage back end. The outdated stats used by the scheduler allowed more volumes to be created than the configured limits. With this update, these race conditions have been removed and the schedulers use more up-to-date stats, which brings the number of volumes allowed to be created closer to the configured limits. (BZ#1553731)
- Cinder uses a synchronization lock to prevent duplicate entries in the volume image cache. Prior to this update, the scope of the lock was too broad and caused simultaneous requests to create a volume from an image to compete for the lock, even when the image cache was not enabled. With this update, the synchronization lock has been updated to minimize the scope of the lock, and to take effect only when the volume image cache is enabled. As a result, simultaneous requests to create a volume from an image run in parallel when the volume image cache is disabled. When the volume image cache is enabled, locking is minimized to ensure only a single entry is created in the cache.(BZ#1575758)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1553731 - Delay in stats reporting in cinder
- BZ - 1575758 - Cinder's image volume cache sync lock prevents parallel image downloading
Red Hat OpenStack 8